Ran qPCR on water filter samples isolated on 20120127 in an attempt to find water samples that have a higher copy number than Nate’s existing samples for use in the withering syndrome qPCR assay validation.
Plate layout, cycling params, etc can be found in the qPCR Report (see Results).
Standard curve was the p16RK7 NcoI-linearized curve made on 20120730.
Baseline threshold was set to 400 and cycles to analyze was set to 41.
We identified a usable clone for the RLP qPCR assay that contains the entire GenBank sequence (AF133090), instead of the partial (and incorrect) clone that Lisa and I had used previously (see 20120323); leading to a month’s worth of qPCRs that failed to produce the expected, and desired, results. This clone is vector pCR2.1 (Invitrogen) containing the full GenBank sequence, AF133090).
Since the p16RK3-C clone failed to grow yesterday, decided to make cultures from all three frozen stocks of p16RK3 to ensure that at least one will grow.
Three 5mL O/N cultures in LB+Amp (100ug/mL) were inoculated directly from the frozen stocks and grown at 37C on a rocker in a 15mL conical tube.
All three cultures failed to grow. Left cultures in incubator on rocker. Will make some LB and LB+Amp plates and try streaking out all three frozen stocks. Also will try growing the frozen stocks in liquid LB (no Amp) O/N in hopes of getting a culture for mini prep.