I replaced the alarm battery for each of our -80C freezers – Revco and Sanyo.
Revco battery – Fisher NC1397422
Sanyo battery – Fisher NC1406075
Our lab scale managed to become horribly misused and left in an unacceptable condition, so I cleaned it. Before and after pics below.
We’ve had a disabled cart sitting in lab for months that has locked up wheels and all of the bolts attaching the wheels to the cart are so rusted, the bolts and nuts cannot be separated by normal means (believe me, I’ve tried numerous methods over the last few months to no avail). Since we’re planning a significant lab cleanup next week, having this cart repaired will be good, so that it’s not sitting upside down in the lab any more AND fixing it will provide us with a second cart for cleanup day!
In any case, I ended up having to drill out the rusted bolts/nuts on three of the four wheels. After that, I put on the new wheel hardware and it’s good as new!
Some before and after pics below.
Dan brought in the lamp dedicated to the dissecting microscope because it was not working. Turning on the power, I could hear that the fan was running, but no light was produced. Replaced the bulb 21V, 150W halogen projector lamp (Ushio) and the lamp works again.
Here are some pics.
Had another lab meeting dedicated to cleaning and reorganizing the lab.
Here are some before and after pics:
We initiated a massive lab reorganization and clean up today. Drawers and cabinets were numbered. All glassware was transferred to room 236 and consolidated. Chemicals were consolidated and organized. Here are some pics of what we managed to get done during the 1.5hrs we spent in the lab: