Ran three primer sets on laser capture microscopy (LCM) DNA samples from 2005 and 2007. Ran the following primer sets:
- WSN1 (detects RLO)
- RLOv_helicase (detects RLO phage)
The DNA samples were provided to me by Lisa. I’m not entirely sure of their history:
Master mix calcs (Google Sheets):
- WSN1 – 20161208- qPCR WSN1
- RLOv_helicase – 20161208 – qPCR LCM RLOv DNA Helicase
- XenoCal_prophage – 20161208 – qPCR LCM XenoCal phage portal
All samples were run in duplicate. Plate layout, cycling params, etc. are in the qPCR Reports (see Results below).
Baseline threshold was manually set to 580 for the WSN1 samples, as previously determined by Lisa for this assay.
Baseline threshold was manually set to 580.5 for the RLOv DNA helicase samples, as previously determined by me on 20160128.
- qPCR Report (PDF): Sam_2016-12-08 09-14-38_CC009827_LCM_WSN1.pdf
- qPCR File (CFX): Sam_2016-12-08 09-14-38_CC009827_LCM_WSN1.pcrd
RLOv DNA helicase:
- qPCR Report (PDF): Sam_2016-12-08 09-14-38_CC009827_LCM_RLOv_helicase.pdf
- qPCR File (CFX): Sam_2016-12-08 09-14-38_CC009827_LCM_RLOv_helicase.pcrd
- qPCR Report (PDF): Sam_2016-12-08 09-14-38_CC009827_LCM_XCprophage.pdf
- qPCR File (CFX): Sam_2016-12-08 09-14-38_CC009827_LCM_XCprophage.pcrd
Summary table of all three genes in each sample. Unfortunately, I don’t fully understand the sample name nomenclature, so I can’t really come to any conclusions about the data. Will pass along to Carolyn, Lisa, and Stan.
It’s also important to note that, due to low sample volume, I did not quantify these samples. This is important because any samples listed below that are negative for all three genes can not be conclusively declared “negative”, since we can’t rule out the possibility that they simply lack any DNA.
Presumably they were quantified after their initial extraction?
|SAMPLE||WSN1||RLOv DNA HELICASE||XC PROPHAGE|
|LCM New RLO 09||+||+||+|
|LCM ST RLO 09||-||-||-|
|LCM New 08:30-5 B||+||+||+|
|LCM New 08:30-5||-||-||-|
|LCM ST 08:30-3||-||-||-|
|LCM WS RLO||+||-||+|
STANDARD, AMPLIFICATION, & MELT CURVES