Fisherman Bay eelgrass

**the images in this post have been updated to reflect the correct station numbers

I spent part of my day working with the data from the eelgrass collected from Fisherman Bay on 8/9/14.

First, I looked at prevalence, or the proportion of infected blades. I looked at the entire bay, and then broke down prevalence by station.
fisherman_bay_prevalence_station

This is pretty cool as it shows a distinct change in prevalence from the mouth of the bay (station 1) to the stations further in. Sandy gave me this map today showing the 5 stations, 4 of which had eelgrass and were sampled last friday.
SampledWithSeagrass_labeled

Next, I looked at prevalence by size class. As we all noticed, these blades were much larger than the ones we sampled from the intertidal at Indian Cove and False Bay.
fisherman_bay_size_class
Finally I took a stab at severity of infection by graphing blade length vs. total lesion length.
fisherman_bay_length_plot
I think understanding this relationship between blade size, site and infection will take some more complex math than had time for today. Looking forward to Maya’s talk on Thursday morning for more insight into how to approach this data.

One thought on “Fisherman Bay eelgrass

Leave a Reply