One ISH Two ISH

Today we continued to work on our ISH of both coral and sea star pathogens.  After seeing the banding we got from the PCRs we did yesterday, we selected the primers and samples (templates) that gave us the best bands for the next step.

We did another round of PCRs today to create the probes we’re using for the ISH.  For ISH, we used DNTPs labeled with DIG (Digoxigenin) to build probes of our PCR products.

After this, Sarah and Monica ran the gels to see that the DIG was incorporated into our products.  Sadly, the sea star probes didn’t work out (twice!), but the coral ones are promising!  We’ll be moving forward with those tomorrow.

Leave a Reply