After the discovery that there wasn’t any DNA in the BS-seq Illumina library prep and no DNA in the bisulfite-treated DNA pool, I decided to try to recover any residual DNA left in the 1B2 sample. Sample 1B2 (sheared on 20150109) was dry, so I added 20μL of Buffer EB (Qiagen) to the tube. I vortexed both the 1B1 and 1B2 samples and quantified on the NanoDrop1000 (ThermoFisher). I also re-quantified the pooled BS-treated sample that had been used as input DNA for the libraries.
Sample 1B1 has ample DNA in it. Since these samples are pools of larvae, we may be able to just proceed with this sample and not worry about pooling with the biological replicate 1B2.
Sample 1B2 has a low amount of DNA, but it’s a usable quantity (total 400ng).
Pooled samples has nothing.
Will make a new pool of DNA from both 1B1 and 1B2 and attempt to make a new bisulfite-treated library.