Isolated gDNA from Panopea generosa (geoduck) adductor muscle & foot samples collected by Brent & Steven on 20150811 using the E.Z.N.A Mollusc DNA Kit (Omega Bio-Tek) according to the manufacturer’s protocol, with the following adjustments:
- 41.8mg of adductor muscle
- 30.0mg of foot used
- Tissues homogenized in 350μL of ML1 Buffer with disposable mortar/pestle tubes using only three pestles strokes
- Homogenized tissue incubated in ML1 Buffer + Proteinase K @ 60C for 2.5hrs
- Added 265μL of MBL Buffer
- Added 514μL of 100% EtOH.
- Eluted with 75μL Elution Buffer.
Spec’d on Roberts Lab NanoDrop1000 (ThermoFisher) and stored temporarily at 4C to avoid freeze-thawing before sending off for sequencing next week.
Yields are good (~7ug).
Quality (260/280 ratios) looks great for both samples.
260/230 ratio not very good for adductor muscle, but perfect for foot tissue.
Will run samples on gel to assess gDNA integrity.